Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen
Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen (born December 27, 1947) is the owner, former CEO and current deputy chairman of the Board of the LEGO Group. He is the son of Godtfred Kirk Christiansen (his last name was mispelled on his birth certificate), and grandson of the founder Ole Kirk Christiansen.
He is the only son and 2nd of the 3 Children of Godtfred and Edith Kirk Christiansen. Kjeld married Camilla (surname Borg ?) in 1974. They have 3 children, Sofie (1975), Thomas (1977) and Agnetes (1982).
He recieved a B.Sc. in Economics and Business Administration from the Århus School of Business, circa 1970. He also recieved a MBA from IMB in Lausanne, Switzerland, in 1972.
His major hobby is Danish horses. He owns horse farms in Denmark and Scotland. Another one of his hobbies is is sports cars. He currently owns a Ferrari, Porsche and a Volkswagen.
- Vice Chairman of the Board since 1996.
- Member of the Board since 1975.
- Chairman of the Board and co-owner (with sister Gunhild) of KIRKBI A/S.
- Chairman of the Board of and co-owner (with his 3 children) of LEGO A/S.
- Chairman of the LEGO Foundation, Ole Kirk’s Foundation, and Edith and Godtfred Kirk Christiansen’s Foundation.
- President and CEO for the LEGO Group from 1979-2004.
- Majority shareholder of the LEGO Group.
In 1978, Kjeld introduced a new business model focusing on the abilities and needs of children at different stages of life. Products focused increasingly on creativity and imagination through role play within themed story lines.
In October 2004, Kjeld relinquished his 25-year position as CEO to Jørgen Vig Knudstorp after initiating a restructuring plan to restore profitability to the LEGO Group.